Role: Data Analyst
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
- The Business Analyst will develop and implement statistical models and analyses to support more effective business decisions for the organization.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses and econometric modeling to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the future of company.
- Report on key insights and trends using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines;Work with cross-departmental teams to become a source of pure knowledge and a leader in quantitative and statistical analysis.
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context;Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity;Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop predictive models.
- Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data;Learn and understand a broad range of company's data resources and know how, when, and which to use;Drive development of quantitative and statistical models necessary for evaluation and implementation of new strategies with product managers.
- Build scalable database solutions when required;Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, dynamic pricing, demand modeling, game theory and customer/product segmentation.
- Participate in periodic reviews with company Executive Leadership team;Lead process management changes that result from analysis and ensure the changes are implemented throughout organization
Basic Qualifications & Education
- Bachelors degree or advanced degree in Economics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Experience solving complex quantitative business challenges;Experience in the development of pricing analysis or merchandising analysis is a strong plus.
- Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Working knowledge of accounting, financial, operational, and marketing principles.
- Experience using R, Stata, SQL, and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets;Comfortable performing exploratory data analysis independently.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with emphasis on drawing inferences with data;Ability to learn and quickly apply new tools and techniques.
- Strong desktop business software skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, macros);Works under limited supervision, using established procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of PCs and related software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills;Has the ability to communicate with executive level management on complex issues Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for company leadersExhibits solid business judgment;Has relentlessly high standards.
- Dives deep into complex issues but has capacity to distill into concise business recommendations;Thinks strategically and can demonstrate tactical execution;Thinks big and is willing to defend a position;Has exceptional listening skills