Python Developer With Automation
Duration: 1 Year
The TOP skill sets for this position are
1) Python - HIGH expertise
3) Production Support
DESIRABLE::: Reference Data with Trading Platform experience
Additional Manager Comments
- At the moment, the role is almost exclusively python as our two production systems are almost exclusively python.
- However, SQL knowledge is equally important to python as database querying is heavily used.
- Finally, shell scripting and general familiarity with Linux and its command line tools is also very important as the hire will need to be able to quickly navigate folders and files, selectively search for specific data.
- Both of these skills are generally what would be expected for any support-centric role.
- Adding Java to the mix will increase the desired rate substantially so we only need someone with some familiarity in Java for now.
- Supporting and maintaining the next-generation reference data platforms at Company
- Working with trade support and developers across multiple regions to resolve production issues
- Engaging in various projects pertaining to migration, automation, and development
- Diagnosing and fixing bugs and issues on existing production platforms
- Documenting production issues and production interventions taken
- Logging incident tickets and attending regular incident review meetings
- Supporting new execution venues, trading products, and data vendors
- Validating market data changes are correct and modifying generated reports when necessary
- Monitoring job scheduler and custom alerting platform
- At least 5 years of experience with Java, Python, and Linux shell scripting
- At least 5 years of experience working with SQL (ie. MySQL, PostGres) and NoSQL Databases (ie. MongoDB)
- Experience working in a high pressure environment, including diagnosing and fixing production issues on the fly
- Experience with Security Master, Reference Data, or Market Data infrastructure
- Past role(s) within electronic trading and a thorough understanding of financial instruments including equities, debt instruments, futures, and options
- Exposure to an Agile development environment with use of Jira
- Good written and oral communication skills