Lead Contracts Analyst
Location: Cambridge, MA
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- The incumbent will demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for achieving solutions beneficial to the University and safeguarding its interests.
- The incumbent provides contract analyst expertise to campus departments and research units for unique product and service agreements/contracts by analyzing, structuring, drafting, negotiating and preparing agreements for execution related to approved University programs and activities to ensure compliance with University policies.
- This position represents the University\'s interests to outside parties concerning terms and conditions of product and service business agreements/contracts.
- Establishes and improves communication channels with departments and research units to achieve continuity and efficiency in the execution of business agreements/contracts.
- Identifies potential problems and provides alternative solutions in the structuring of the business agreement/contract to meet desired objectives and avoid unnecessary costs should a dispute arise in the course of the contractual relationship.
- This position is responsible for promoting compliance with University policies and procedures and state and/or federal regulations and provides advice to faculty and staff regarding University policies and procedures and other information as it relates to their business contract activities.
- May mentor and train less experienced professionals and provide training to community as necessary.
Typical Core Duties
- Lead procurement operations and departmental/school sourcing activities to ensure efficiency and cost savings
- Function as a subject matter expert and/or project lead on financial operationsIdentify areas for efficiency or improvement within existing policies and procedures, recommend improvements
- Advise on developing procurement plans and recommend implementation processes and methods
- Negotiate contracts and services with vendors to maximize cost savings; identify new sourcing and vendor opportunities
- Collaborate with management and university representatives to review ongoing initiatives, may recommend improvements
- Ensure quality customer service and educate community on financial and procurement practices
- Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience
- JD degree preferredContract negotiation experience with strong influencing and persuasive talents
- Working knowledge of contracting concepts, software as a service, licensing, data security and Uniform Commercial Code
- Able to work in a fast paced environmentHigh integrity and strong ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong capacity to prioritize work and projects
- Experience working collaboratively across a diverse organization
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and Federal regulations related to grant spendingMBA or Masters degree in relevant field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced excel skills
- Knowledge of advanced financial operations principlesCertificates and Licenses
- Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) preferred