Role: Network Service Architect
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Duration: 6 Months
- In this role, you should be forward thinking with a big picture vision to the next generation network and service architecture, have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network systems.
- You are a subject matter expert in the realms of network access control, AAA and traffic shaping knowledge domains.
- Further, you will contribute within the highest tier of technical escalation support to our operations teams.
- This role will require a working understanding of RADIUS/Diameter, automation/scripting, API implementation/integration, requirements gathering and design.
- Architect, design, evaluate and test solutions pertaining to traffic shaping, content filtering, policy enforcement, and access control.
- Create architectural proposal, design, evaluation test plan, and configuration standard documents.
- Test network access control, AAA and traffic shaping function and performance, include new architecture proof of concept test, change procedure test, upgrade regression test.
- Collaborate with operation teams to make sure related standards and procedures are followed.
- Provide configuration and troubleshoot training to operation teams.
- Provide tier-4 escalation support to operation teams, on call on a rotational basis.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Sandvine or Ericsson PCRF design, implementation, and operation experience.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with RADIUS, Diameter, access control, DPI, policy control, content filter, traffic shape and policy enforcement
- BSD/Unix/Linux system administrator or engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience of Ansible a plus
- Knowledge of content management/version control/source code management solutions
- Knowledge or experience on Sandvine PTS, SPB, SandScript development a plus
- Experience in IT security, DDoS mitigation and auditing a plus
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- Described by others as self-motivated, self-reliant, self-starting, go-getter, with an attitude of ownership, and strong desire to learn
- Works well in an engineering environment that requires communication and collaboration with fellow team members, and cross function teams
- Education Requirements - Bachelor\'s degree in technical field required
- Working Experience - More than 10 years of experience in network service engineering design, and implementation as applied to complex computing systems.
- More than 5 years of restful API development or Python automation scripting experience.