Trading Data Scientist
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops processes to load and prepare new data sources for use by the TCA team.
- Stands up new technologies within company through collaboration with third-party providers, IMG traders, and other stakeholders.
- Maintains and enhances processes to load and prepare various data sources for use by the TCA team.
- Resolves issues with data and infrastructure in a timely manner.
- Engages with internal and external providers to represent TCA teams needs and perspectives on new data sources, technologies, and processes.
- Provides reporting, analytics, and research to clients of the TCA team within the business.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on the TCA teams data sources and technological infrastructure.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a technological discipline.
- Minimum of two years experience designing, implementing, and managing complex and large data systems.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
Proficiency in some of the following technologies:
- Python, Matlab / R, SQL, Hadoop and/or AWS, Hive, Impala, Spark, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in cutting-edge technology.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of motivation.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.