- Must have cloud migration experience-Will oversee datacenter, network/telecom, and support desk.
- Must have experience leading all three of these areas-The direction I receive from C-level on VP roles – they must be promotable, potential CIO candidates in succession plan.
- Must come from companies with $2B+ in revenue
- The Vice President of IT Infrastructure and platform support will be responsible for delivering a high quality, reliable infrastructure; including network, telecommunication and desktop support services.
- This position will provide leadership and vision for the IT Infrastructure and platform support organization, along with transforming IT infrastructure to leading edge cloud technologies to support business agility and maintaining strong vendor and IT relationships, with a focus on collaboration and direct communication.
- This position also oversees IT infrastructure priorities to ensure smooth and efficient operations, and will have a focus on skill-set re-alignment, talent management, mentoring and developing department staff.
- This position will report to the CIO.
- Provides vision and manages daily operations of core infrastructure and platforms including, but not limited to: data center, data and voice networks, storage, systems, and associated services.
- Ensures infrastructure and platform support SLAs are established and metrics are collected and reviewed on a regular basis with the CIO and executive management.
- Serves as a key member of the Senior IT leadership team to direct the overall infrastructure and the platform strategy of the company through active participation with executive management, external service organizations, and vendors.
- Increases adoption of incident/problem management, capacity management, and availability management in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Manages End User services including 24x7 support for applications and infrastructure, hardware, and collaboration tools. Provides technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability.
- Work with Project Management Office and use appropriate methodologies, tools and best practices Define and implement policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Lead a diverse team across multiple locations, including all recruiting, staffing, role definition, goal setting and performance management
- Leverage 3rd party application services and consulting expertise as appropriate Define, maintain and enhance relevant IT service levels and metrics
- Support IT leadership functions including annual planning, budgeting, status reporting, executive presentations and continuous improvement Lead multiple, complex projects and/or technology initiatives and apply innovative solutions to system problems.
- Ensure the projects support strategic and near-term goals Be a key participant in enterprise and IT planning, and collaborate with enterprise and IT senior management to assure alignment of goals
- Ensure all projects are delivered within scope, budget, and adhere to company governance processes
- Manages production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners.
- Keeps current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices; advises and educates executives on their competitors and/or financial impact.
- Actively promotes the mission of the company within the organization.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years leading design and support of enterprise-level IT infrastructures including, but not limited to: Expertise in operational stability, ensuring up-time. Experience performing as the escalation point for production issues.
- Leadership experience in disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Expertise in capacity, performance, security, and business continuity.
- Leadership experience in data center management and moves.
- Superior customer service orientation and relationship management with organizational partners and customers.
- Building new infrastructure using state of the art virtual & storage technologies.
- 5+ years leading an overall IT team of 40+ 3+ years direct experience with Cloud technology
- Previous experience with IT executive management
- Experience with best of breed infrastructure solutions and cloud transformation Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and implementation
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or key controls pertaining to IT infrastructure management
- Outstanding execution skills with ability to deliver on strategic concepts through the use of rigorous methodologies and effective project management Hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work autonomously
- Ability to articulate value-based solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and evolving environment Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to craft and deliver presentations to senior business executives
- Experience working with distributed teams Experience managing, hiring, mentoring, and training application teams
- Expert technical knowledge of infrastructure and platform services, networking, systems, and applications.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills; strong continuous improvement experience and use of metrics Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills â?? verbal and written.
- Demonstrated team building experience.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and independently manage workload.
- Expertly organized, detail-oriented, and follows through on commitments.