Job type:Full Time
- Oversees team of internal developers AND 3rd party vendor relationships
- Requires .NET experience
- Should come from a retail or multi-unit healthcare background
- The Sr. IT Director, Field Systems and Clinical Technology will work closely with the Operations, Clinical, Patient Financing, Insurance Operations, and Practice Support partners in meeting IT applications needs.
- The Director will act as the main IT liaison with the divisions\' senior management and also lead the Field Systems and Clinical Technology team in defining scope, prioritizing and implementing systems projects.
- This position is responsible for all phases of the system development life cycle: Manages business analysts and application leads through collection of business requirements, documentation of business requirements, system design, QA, UAT and release of application software changes to production.
The key responsibilities of this position
- Provide exceptional people leadership, technology leadership and partnering with external software development vendors to develop/implement the state-of-the-art software systems for ADMI.
- Supervision of IT application leads and business analysts including goal setting, providing direction, mentoring.
- Detailed resource planning, allocation and forecasting.
- Ensure consistent processes for support and development including time tracking, task allocation, backup and succession planning, training and mentoring.
- Create Development plans for staff to align with organization and department vision.
- Build a high performing team, foster open communication, and transparency.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, trust and collaboration within IT and across all departments.
- Strategy, delivery and support for Operations, Clinical, Patient Financing, Insurance Operations, and Practice Support application portfolio reporting into the VP of IT Business Applications.
- Understand and anticipate current and future business requirements, needs, and market dynamics and industry landscape and define short-term (3-6 months) and long-term (12-24 months) strategy and roadmap for the portfolio.
- Manage budget for the area including forecasting, planning, rigorous tracking and reporting to the VP of IT Business Applications and Business partner leadership.
- Ensure that the portfolio is on the right technological platform. Identify and implement opportunities for portfolio and technology rationalization.
- Enable actionable intelligence and integration across the portfolio.
- Ensure that programs, initiatives and projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage risks appropriately and plan proactive mitigation.
- Overall responsibility for serving as the strategic IT interface with business units for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management.
- Serves as the business relationship linkage between the business units and IT (at the leadership/executive level).
- Maintain key executive level relationship between senior business executives across all revenue systems and IT, ensure highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for leading implementation of new Enterprise Practice Management System and migration off of the Legacy AS400 platform to the new .Net/ Sql Server platform including overall program planning, vendor management, requirement management, development, testing, implementation and post-production support and maintenance
- Manage key vendor relationships including contract negotiations, pricing and evaluation of current and potential partnerships
Minimum Education and Experience
- At least 10 years of experience managing project teams.
- Proficient at gathering and documenting business requirements.
- Has worked on all phases of the development lifecycle for financial systems projects: Design, testing, configuring of different applications platforms, and has experience on a minimum of two large projects that spanned 2 or more years. At least 3 years of experience managing corporate collaboration tools.
- At least 5 years of experience managing multiple field and clinical applications
- Excellent project management and people skills.
- Ability to work with many different types of people with different communication styles.
- Director must assume responsibility for achieving positive outcomes on projects.
- Highly motivated, skilled in multi-tasking and strong communication skills (written and verbal) a must as the environment is fast paced and dynamic
- Experience and/or knowledge in Healthcare industry is desired.
- Experience in contract review/negotiation.
- BS degree (MBA or MS preferred)