Services to be performed
The successful candidate will:
- looking to hire a results-oriented developer and QA to assist in producing and maintaining tools for advanced eBook production as well as to help define and test new features.
- This role will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and deploying internal tools and services to support the content team, and will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to accomplish our end goal: to provide the best possible customer reading experience.
- This role will also be responsible for ensuring that the built-in dictionary products that Company provides to our customers meet the very highest standards.
- The successful candidate will be methodical, analytical, objective, and goal-focused with a driving need for accuracy and attacking difficult problems
- Be results-oriented, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Have a strong bias for action, and a take charge attitude
- Apply the latest technology to develop innovative solutions for producing eBooks and assist in quality assurance
- Create design proposals and proof of concept samples for review with internal stakeholders
- Fully test and document new and existing code, and generally maintain the highest standard for code quality
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Rigorously test dictionaries to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Be able to provide recommendations and improve the existing process and functionality for better customer experience
- Think creatively to resolve content issues and identify scalable solutions that enable delivery of a high quality product.
- Help to establish process and quality guidelines to ensure quality levels of company dictionaries are consistently maintained
- Maintain meticulous reporting and tracking, present findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to work cross-functionally to communicate errors, perceived errors or product improvements in various types of company dictionaries. We are a fast-paced environment and encourage end-to-end ownership and innovation.
- If you are a strong developer with experience and passion for developing great web applications
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or similar required
- Web development experience
- Expertise with advanced XML manipulation and technologies, including XPath, XQuery, and XSLT
- Experience with database management and development (MSSQL, SQLite, MySQL or other, no-SQL database systems)
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
- Experience working with digital text (e.g., website editing or design, digital content, digitization, etc.) strongly desired, including familiarity with HTML and CSSPreferred skills
- Experience with web-service technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Familiarity with Node.js, C#
- Hands on Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with site management and deployment, particularly with AWS