Job Title: JDE Technical Manager
Reports To: Director IT and PMO
Job type: Full Time
Key Result Areas:
- The ideal candidate will possess strong functional knowledge of JDE 9.1/9.2 and will have hands on with training 9.2 functionality as well as defining and documenting functional and technical requirements.
- Mission: Lead high quality project execution across all phases for both business applications and new product development.
- To include: identifying and optimally defining & executing operational support process & activities, support ongoing change management, requires definition, business & data rules requirements & refinements, troubleshoot root cause, proactive monitoring.
- Use both functional and technical knowledge of JDE to document requirements and support technical/developement team on translation of functional requirements.
1. Project Management
3. Business Requirements
4. Center of Excellence/Best Practices
5. Testing and Monitoring
- Lead projects across the organization to deliver on time, scope and budget.
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans and dashboards that provide project status.
- Drive the scoping, structuring and sizing of all business, IT and Operations projects.
- Lead overall troubleshooting and root cause analysis that quickly resolves issues and removes roadblocks to project results.
- Identify issues/risks and ensure they are escalated as needed to avoid project dleays and ensure project solutions thoroughly meet all business requirements and expectations.
- Create inclusive cross functional project teams and stakeholders list and provide consistent and clear communication on project status, issues/risks and key timelines.
- Ensure all impacted parties are aware of project timelines and the impact on their workload for requirements gathering, testing and writing process documentation.
- Effectively communicate program objectives, direction, status, and issues to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Coach and mentor individuals in all functions to adopt and utilize effective project and change management techniques.
Center of Excellence/Best Practices
- Produce high quality deliverables including requiremtns definition and documentation.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions across all levels of the organization from design through development and on boarding.
- Document scope/out of scope details and work with both business and technical teams to ensure a common understanding of solution requirements.
Testing and Monitoring
- Lead a CoE team that meets regularly to share best practices and to prioritize report/system enhancements for submission to the PMO.
- Drive to standardize processes, methodoogies, project management practices and tools across the organization.
- Coach and develop the business on the processes and tools implemented Provide a framework for continuous iprovement of processes and project management practices.
- Make a Continuous Improvement mindset the way we do things around here through focus and coaching of lean principles.
- Create project budgets and track budget to actual monthly to keep project on budget. Establish relevant KPI\'s to measure projects both quantitatively and qualitatively (e.g. speed and effectiveness).
- Lead governance including escalation management, communication, remediation actions, change control and the ability to identify and manage risks.
- Design and execute thorough testing and UAT activities in coordination with business and technical team members. Maintain list of Gap issues and ensure that the business is up to date on expectations for functional delivery. \
- Develop centralized reports and dashboards to enhance transparency and provide leadership with input for required decision making. Assess benefits realized against project plan expectations.
- Business/Stratgey focus undergad and/or MBA preferred
- Project management qualifications desired (PMP)
- Experience managing a wide range of projects, preferably in a manufacturing/CPG/food environment
- Experience working with cross functional teams to build consesus
- Experience driving change through an organization, both process and behavior
- Experience workign with PM software (Planview PPM Pro/Innotas a plus) and Power BI.
- Highly skilled at documenting business requirements and ensuring technical solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Experience leading the development and execution of testing/training that ensure a smooth implementation.
- Hands on approach to problem solving Ability to move between big picture problem solving and jumping in to details to get things done Strong funcitonal understanding of JDE 9.1/9.2
- Ability to see the big picture and be able to translate the corporate vision to proejcts designed to support that vision.
- Ability to communciate clearly across the organization from C-suite to factory floor Ability to coach and influence the organization to process standardization and effective change
- Ability to effectively engage cross-functional teams in projects
- To Perform this job successfully, you must be able to do each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are typical of the physical demands, work environment, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.