PHP Web Developer
Location:Buena Park, CA
Duration:9 - 12 Months
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and understand stakeholder s requirementsHelp architect application design to complete requirements using the existing application frameworks and best-practices.
- Implement features and functionality using a variety of php application frameworks.
- Prepare necessary pre/post project documentation.
- Provide periodic project status reporting to entire Web Development team.
- Rich communication with Project Manager to understand status, remaining work, and changing requirements.
- Propose solutions and suggestions for optimizations.
- Continue personal professional development in areas such as application design and development, via self-training, investigation and conferences.
- Work in Sprint teams applying Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Core Qualifications and Competencies - Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge and experience in development using popular tools, servers and technologies needed for professional e-commerce environments such as:
- A basic understanding of responsive page design.
- Integrating Web Services (using different PHP libraries a plus)
- Object oriented design and programming
- Familiar with Git, SVN, or other version control systems.
- Relational Database MySQL (Postgres is a plus)
- Familiarity with components and configuration for the LAMP stack.
- LINUX environment. (Strong command line experience is a plus)
- Experience developing for an E-commerce platform.
- Familiarity developing for mobile web devices and responsive design.
- Understanding of Waterfall/RAD/Agile/Scrum methodologies
Additional Qualifications and Competencies Not required but strongly preferred:
- Magento 1.x/2.x is a huge plus
- Microsoft .NET framework and C# language
- Fluent in jQuery and JSON data
- Familiar with Bootstrap and responsive design
- Understanding of UI/UX design and considerations
- Familiar with *NIX administration and the command lineHTML5