As a member of the loss prevention team, this position is
- responsible for the implementation of the company’s safety and loss prevention programs.
- Ensures jobsite employees and subcontractors are trained in all safety programs and protocol, including federal/state regulations, in order to prevent accidents and/or injuries.
- Manages and mentors Loss Prevention Coordinators and Loss Prevention Managers.
Essential Functions Loss Prevention Responsibilities
- Conducts new employee project orientation and basic training with company and subcontractor employees.
- Assists Loss Prevention and Operations in preparing safety related bid documents and project-specific safety programs.
- Coordinates all Loss Prevention efforts on the project with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Attends subcontractor preconstruction meetings, review task specific Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and assist with planning for safety issues.
- Assists with material and equipment acquisition for new project setup.
- Conducts frequent inspections of projects and identifies current and future safety challenges.
- Assists Loss Prevention in establishing and administering project safety recognition programs.
- Prepares written reports of project inspections and assists project staff with correcting and preventing hazards.
- Conducts project loss prevention audits.
- Provides technical safety consulting services for projects and reviews preconstruction safety submittals.
- Leads Loss Prevention and project staff with safety training at all levels.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining a project crisis management plan.
- Conducts accident investigations and assists with OSHA and environmental inspections.
- Manages workers compensation claims including the return to work program.
- Maintains project incident logs for all reported injuries, GL claims, WC claims, and OSHA recordable.
- Assists Superintendent with sediment and erosion control and other environmental responsibilities to manage Hazardous Materials Storage areas, Fugitive Dust, Cal EPA requirements and more.
- Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
- Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent & Choices.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in company training programs and commits to self-development.
- Keeps current with new developments in OSHA regulations and company safety policies, and communicates to the appropriate jobsite personnel.
- Encourages employees to achieve career goals by providing challenging assignments, achievable and motivational development plans, and ongoing actionable and candid feedback.
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external parties by winning concessions without damaging relationships and being direct and diplomatic.
- Assists in developing/facilitating safety-related company training programs.
- Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values and does one’s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture.
Essential Capabilities* Core Values Band Specific • Focus on Excellence • Foster Teamwork & Collaboration • Respect & Value Others • Integrity • Thinking Skills • Results Driven • Establish Priorities • Coach Others • Interpersonal Sensitivity • Motivate & Inspire Others • Mindful of Risk & Safety • Influence • Business Acumen
- B.S. in Safety & Environmental Health or related field preferred and minimum of 5 years of experience, overseeing multiple areas, preferably in the construction industry.
- Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with more than one project at a time.
- Demonstrates accurate record keeping skills.
- Demonstrates solid customer service skills and verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player and function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor/train others.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).