Role:Data Warehouse Developer Loc:Walnut Creek, CA
Key Result Areas: Time Utilization
1. Define & Implement BI Strategy 5%
2. BI Operations 30%
3. Quality Assurance 20%
4. Systems Implementation 25%
5. Personal/Professional Development 10%
6. Training 10%
Define & Implementation BI Strategy
Contributes to BI/Analytics strategy roadmap
Plans and resources implementation of roadmap deliverables.
Ensures high availability of Data Warehouse & Reporting systems.
Maintains quality measures based on SLA
Defines priorities based on business impact and communicates priorities with the business teams.
Audits Data Warehouse content to ensure alignment with JD Edwards.
Validates testing process for report developement.
Establishes and maintains application server policies.
Partners with business customers to analyze and review new BI related initiatives.
Co-ordinates the implementation of software upgrades.
Reviews and leads major changes to system functionality with regards to the data warehouse.
(Preferred but not required) Undergraduate degree covering computer science, general business and accounting pricniples. Specific courses in programming languages, systems analysis, database developement and software design.
Experience as a programmer analyst in the Microsoft SQL Server environment:
-Ability to interpret and develop complex SQL statements, views, functions, and stored procedures.
- Ability to administer SQL server environment including sercurity, creating agent jobs and resolving any run time issues.
Experience as a programmer analyst in the Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services:
- Ability to use Visual Studio development environment (2008 onwards)
- Ability to interpret, develop, and troubleshoot ETL packages
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Model:
- Abiliyt to use Visual Studio development environment (2008 onwards)
- Abiliyt to interprety, develop, and modify tabular model
- Ability and familiarity with DAX
Experience with the IBM iSeries platform (helpful but not requried):
- Understand how to connect and source data from DB2 database
- Basic understanding of DB2 database
- Understanding of DB2 SQL, Command Language, and Operations Navigator preferred
Experience with the Oracle JD Edwards environment 9.2 (helpful but not required):
- Familiarity with navigation and functionality
- Understanding of underlying tables and structure
Experience with Power BI and Microsoft Reporting Services (helpful but not requried):
- Familiarity report creation
- Data Sources
Minimum of 3 years experience designing and coding major database and data warehouse applications
Provide direction on Business Intelligence utilization within the company:
- Ability to create a roadmap detailing not only current technology and it\'s use but predict future usage and direction
- Oversee and participate in delivery of roadmap
- Developement of \ self-serve BI reporting\
General mastery of Microsfot SQL programming techniques and proficiency in coding
Ability to study complex problems and to extrapolate computerized solutions.
Competence in analytical techniques and the ability to work independently with customers.