Role:Data Privacy Analyst
This position reports to the Data Privacy Senior Manager and is a key position within the Privacy group which is responsible for helping to oversee the various Privacy initiatives within client org. The position will interact with members of various departments throughout the company including Legal, Compliance, HR, IT and Risk. The successful candidate must be able to collaborate with the business groups while achieving deadlines.
- Inform and advise the controller, processor and employees who process personal data of their obligations pursuant to the GDPR and other laws and regulations as it relates to personal data
- Assist in the monitoring of compliance with the GDPR and with the policies of the controller or processor in relation to the protection of personal data including assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and train of staff involved in processing operations and the related audits
- Take minutes of meetings, specifically action items and decisions made by the Privacy Group.
- Draft materials/presentations for Senior Leadership review.
- Update Privacy documents within client Data Privacy Tools and SharePoint.
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of relevant privacy laws and regulations related to client??s Privacy program
- Maintain the privacy training program for new and current employees -- and provides additional specific training to departments or roles/projects, as needed.
- Cooperate with the supervisory authority, as needed
- Monitor the Data Privacy email account, and act as a point of contact for data subjects with regards to questions or issues related to processing of personal data and to the exercise of their rights under the regulation, as needed, and in consultation with the Data Privacy Senior Manager.
- Bachelorâ??s Degree or equivalent experience in Business or Computer Science, or Associatesâ?? Degree and two yearsâ?? experience in Data Privacy or related area.
- Prior experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Strong planning and project management skills and the ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines
- Work independently, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be capable of building rapport among stakeholders
- Knowledge of privacy principles and practices, legislation and investigative processes would be an asset.
- Professional qualifications/certifications relating to data protection and/or information security (CIPM, CIPP/E, CIPP/A, security certifications) preferred or willingness to complete.
- Experience implementing data protection measures and/or frameworks
- Experience with risk management standards and frameworks
- Experience managing key systems and processes involved in security of personal data
- Ability to work independently requiring minimal supervision.
- Organized and able to multitask.
- Portray professional demeanor.
- Professional level of written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning new technologies in the field; pursue professional development.
- Establish and nurture collaborative professional relationships.
- Flexibility and adaptability in approach to work.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working with all levels within the organization, in a team environment and independently.