|Sr. PeopleSoft Analyst Location: St. Petersburg, FL|
Sr PeopleSoft Analyst
Acts as a partner with the business to facilitate and implement technology solutions. Responsible for writing system requirements that will ensure the technology solution will meet the needs of the business. Leverages appropriate technical resources. Requires a high-level understanding of systems, industry and end-user requirements. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities.
• Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
• Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations.
• Ability to be responsible for the design, development and delivery of one or more PeopleSoft application development components, including reports, interfaces, conversions, and implementation of custom solutions.
• Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes.
• Translates technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
• Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions.
• Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team.
• Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize requirements into prototype.
• Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue tracking and change management.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• PeopleSoft Procure to Pay is must. And experience on GL, PC, AM, Cash Management, T&E will be plus.
• Experience in PeopleSoft 9.x.
• Proficient to write SQL to analyze data in Oracle 11g or higher.
• Experience in Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other ticket management tool.
• Experience in testing of PeopleSoft functionalities, interfaces and reports.
• Financial Services experience highly preferred.
• Interpret requirements, perform highly complex analyses and present options and recommendations to obtain desired results
• Experience of working in multi applications integrated environment.
• May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• May work in a team environment or project room to facilitate collaboration.
• Knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
• PeopleSoft Functional Certification will be an advantage.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.