|PeopleSoft Functional Analyst (NA Payroll) Location: St. Petersburg, FL|
PeopleSoft Functional Analyst (NA Payroll)
Providing business analysis expertise on the HR Systems Application Development team supporting HR/Payroll/Registrations applications with a primary focus on PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 Payroll for North America and Time&Labor. Extensive contact with business units/internal customers is required to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex issues. Incumbents work closely with business partners in defining requirements for systems applications. Responsible for bringing appropriate business and technical teams together as necessary to facilitate providing solutions that meet user needs and are implemented correctly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides business analysis support for business and functional applications, including analyzing and documenting business processes and translating user requirements to software development teams.
• Consults with internal customers to identify, analyze, refine and document business requirements.
• Work in collaboration with technical IT resources to develop estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions to business needs within approved project budgets.
• Develops and maintains project schedules and produces project reports and documentation.
• Identifies requirements for testing, develops test plans, works with users to develop and execute test scripts and coordinates test transmissions, as required.
• Reviews operational procedures and methods, maps current business processes, defines and analyzes business activities, identifies best practices, and recommends improvements.
• Responsible for researching new applicable technologies to assist in determining the best and most practical technical direction.
• Works with infrastructure teams to resolve client technology issues following through until resolved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Gathering and interpreting information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and making recommendations based on analysis.
• Business requirements gathering for technical solutions.
• Business process analysis including creating and interpreting process maps and flowcharts.
• Conducting usability testing of software applications.
• Project management including developing and maintaining project plans.
• Understanding of how to leverage technology in a corporate environment.
• Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Functional experience with PeopleSoft HCM (version 9.1 or 9.2) required, experience must include business analysis and requirement gathering support, analyzing issues, documenting requirements, write BRDs/FDDs, execute testing, coordinate business testing and deployment activities
• Required experience as a functional SME (functional knowledge of configuration/pages/processes) supporting the following PeopleSoft HCM modules: Payroll for North America and Time&Labor
• Required experience must include production support and trouble-shooting efforts for Payroll for North America and Time&Labor
• Preferred functional experience with the following PeopleSoft HCM functionality: Retro Pay, Absence Management, Compensation, or Profile Management.
• Required experience must include developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions, and maintaining project schedules and producing project reports and documentation
• Required experience must include developing test plans and test scripts, executing testing, as well as coordinating user acceptance testing effort
• Required experience must include writing SQL statements for data analysis
• PUM upgrade experience strongly desired