Role: DevOps Engineer III
Duration: 6 Months
- Builds and deploys Cloud-based applications in lower environments.
- Build and maintain the production infrastructure and services.
- Documents the deployment procedures, policies, set up & generate builds, coordinate, PPV, troubleshoot issues with the deployments on various environments.
- Migrating existing applications to Cloud infrastructure.
- Assist in integration of applications on designated platforms and resolves any issues with deployment and configuration.
- Liaison with other groups within IT (EAO, IPO, Release Management, Software Test and Change Management) in their daily activities to ensure smooth transition from one environment to another and on-time delivery of applications
- Participate in the planning process. Recommend modification to existing processes and new procedures to solve complex problems considering the existing system limitations, operating time and desired results.
- Enforcement of IPO Security and Engineering standards. Ensure proper security for the infrastructure.
- Configure and set up new environments for testing
- Network infrastructure such as firewalls, load balancers and implementation of applications into complex network environments
- Assists in diagnosing and solving production issues.
- Coordinates production deployment activities with various partner applications and infrastructure vendor
- Monitors application and server status in support of software deployment.
- Monitors the performance of the application by running performance tests in lower environments
- Troubleshoot performance issues and provide guidance to the off-shore testing team during test planning and test execution phase
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Develop/maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production.
- Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions.
Skill set required:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies (Java/J2EE, HTML)
- Strong Unix skills. Shell scripting is must.
- AWS Experience Required, certification is desired.
- Working experiences with tools like WinSCP and Putty
- Knowledge on Internet/File protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP etc.
- Knowledge of SVN, or other major version control tools
- Experience in Ant and Maven build technologies
- Hands on application deployment experience
- Working knowledge of Networking and network topologies such as routers, firewalls
- Knowledge of SQL, able to write complex queries.
- Working knowledge on Apache (modjk, Load balancers and SSL)
- Working experience with JBoss application server such as setting up the cluster environment.
- Experience with continuous Integration tools such as Hudson or Jenkins.