Location: Charlotte, NC
Join the Technology team as a Release Manager leading Agile and Integrated releases supporting the Digital, Deposits and Backoffice groups. The role entails being the single point of contact for releases that could comprise of multiple product and vendor scope and would be responsible for coordination, timeline and quality gating of delivery to Production.
- Performs as the lead from release management assigned to a release or program.
- Responsible for determining the scope and schedule of the release and ensure there is visibility across all participants and stakeholders.
- Ensures that the release entry and exit gating criteria are met and scope is clearly defined and assessed by impacted business and technology teams.
- Develops/reviews/approves/monitors release milestones, release technical project plans, manages issues & risks, contributes to issue resolution, allocates and directs staff and other resources to accomplish release tasks, and maintains control over the release.
- Monitors the progress of the release and communicates on a regular basis to the stakeholders, executive leadership and overall release participants from within and outside the company.
- Holds the release community accountable to the milestones and deliverables.
- Develops/maintains strong relationships with vendor resources.
- Work closely with the environments team to oversee the environment readiness, health and code propagation
- Participate in defect triage and work with project team/vendors to resolve prioritized defect fixes
- Ensure Technology infrastructure is ready on time and the application is successfully transitioned to Sustain post release
- Identify and manage project issues/risks to closure and provide proper visibility to stakeholders
- Work with product and project management counterparts to deliver broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences
- BS and 7+ years in a technical role or equivalent; Prior Release, Project or Technical Delivery Management experience is preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, solving complex problems in an ambiguous environment
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to software development
- Extensive breadth of experience delivering complex technical projects within budget and scope
- Ability to think critically and develop high quality project deliverables and ensure technology solution meets requirements
- Knowledge of the software development process (Agile, iterative and waterfall)
- Prior experience with Agile transformation is a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus with various stakeholder groupsâ?¢Resource planning and management acumen
- Analytical approach; strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbalâ?¢MS Office Suite with extensive Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint Skills