Quality Assurance Team Lead
Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Assists the quality manager in developing and maintaining the AS9100 procedures and work instructions. Ensure training and implementation of these procedures and work instructions and collaboration with sales and marketing as well as operations and engineering.
- Interpret and support quality policies and implement guidelines to ensure compliance with quality standards and documents.
- Support production leads and operators for interpretation and methods following set standards.
- Direct audit activities involving AS and NADCAP internal and external audits. Identify proper corrective action, assign owners/team to complete and ensure action items are addressed by deadlines given during audits.
- Develop monthly reports showing inspection and audit performance and improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate and recommend alternative auditing procedures for continuous improvement.
- Establish standard work and priorities for team to ensure maximum usage and output of assigned resources.
- Conduct meetings regularly with direct reports to help consistency in teamwork and standard work processes for quality functions.
- Guide organization personnel through new quality practices and certifications.
- Supervise and review corrective solutions and prevent action claims.
- Develop new methods to resolve problems occurring during QA activities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Manage the Quality Review Board and process to ensure that all non-conforming products are addressed in a timely manner.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists quality engineers and support groups in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve quality goals.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Interfaces with other Departments and the internal trainer to develop and implement training programs as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in a technical field.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Lead and encourage collaboration within team and across departments.
- Proficient communicator utilizing all methods of communication including written, verbal, presentation, etc. Demonstrated technical capacity particularly in the aerospace industry.
- Displays ethical conduct.
- Problem solving/analysis and decision making skills.
- 5 years of related experience and/or training with in quality function; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the aerospace industry.
- 1-2 years of experience leading groups, projects or teams in achieving goals and objectives strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage internal audit process and auditors to maintain required certifications strongly preferred.