This execution focused position is responsible for helping the Product Team move new technology products to market by bringing the definitions of strategic feature sets to completion. The three primary objectives for this role are execution on product definitions, collaboration with users and technology teams, and assisting in representing the voice of the customer.
As Associate Product Manager, you will formalize feature definitions to take them to a ready for work state, and you will partner with UX, development, and QA teams to ensure requirements are clear and agreed upon. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You should enjoy spending time understanding users problems and have the clarity to advocate for creative solutions.
You will be expected to advocate for the user during design and planning discussions, providing important insights into planned and unplanned impacts to user satisfaction. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company to provide area of focus expertise in support of internal and external communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in product feature ideation discussions
- Takes product and feature requirements sets and breaks them down into executable right sized stories
- Presents upcoming work to development and QA teams to provide teams with business value context and gather concerns, feedback, and effort expectations
- Assists Product team in addressing technical limitations of needed features through risk mitigation, cost benefit analysis, and other exercises
- Represents Product in appropriate development and QA meetings
- Works with development and QA teams daily to ensure that issues are resolved and/or escalated quickly
- Communicates timeline expectations across the technology organization
- Assists with product launch plans, providing material support on launch communications
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding the client product lines and products
- Participates in roadmap discussions, providing an execution perspective
- BA/BS in business, marketing, or technical field required.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably within a software environment.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated results-orientation and strong project management abilities.
- Experience working in/leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas and problem solutions.
- Self-driven and motivated to delight customers and business partners.