Job: DevOps Engineer
Location: Gaithersburg OR Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Contract Duration : 1 + years
Required Skills :
Strong Kubernetes experience is a must and Java
- This person MUST have experience designing and supporting a MAJOR application from scratch (>$1B in revenue).
- Knowledge of Linux Containers and iT Security and Kubernetes is required.
- Knowledge of Python, GoLang, Java/Groovy, or some other major language is a requirement (5+ years experience)
- 8 years\' experience with running web application servers such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Node, WebSphere
- +8 years operational experience supporting a 99.99% availability environment
- +8 yearsâ?? experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora) including: user management, authentication and authorization (LDAP, Kerberos, etc.), Disk Management (Partitioning, backups, LVM, hardware and software RAID), software build (make, cmake, GNU autoconf and automake, gcc, libtool, RPM building a major plus), Network Interface Configuration (Ethernet and Wireless), DNS/DHCP knowledge , Basic Knowledge of Networking Protocols, Switching and Routing, Understanding of SSL, Certificates, openSSH, openSSL libraries, Squid, etc..
- Experience in the design, implementation and operational support of mission critical applications totaling +1B in revenue
- Experience with global load balancing and web content acceleration (Akamai).
- Experience with APM tools (Dynatrace, New Relic, App Dynamics, etc)
- Jira administration experience (creating and managing workflows)
- Excellent understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP and other web protocols.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and Agile Engineering practices like TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives
- Demonstrated experience running Docker or Linux containers in a production environment.
- Demonstrated experience deploying and managing a PaaS or Kubernetes solution such as Red Hat Open Shift or Docker Data Center or Tectonic, or vanilla Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications into a PaaS or Kubernetes solution such as Red Hat Open Shift or Docker Data Center or Tectonic, or vanilla Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience implementing Developer Dashboards via tools like Prometheus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams; being the liason between development and operations teams.
- Demonstrated experience representing Operations teams with Development
- Last position needs to have > 50% of time spent with Development teams
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
- Experience in developing technology road maps and strategies
- Experience in project definition and management
- Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise
- Graduate degree in a technical/engineering discipline
- Issue/Bug Tracking/Wiki/Workflow admin experience with JIRA, Python Trac, Ruby Redmine, Perl Bugzilla, PHP Mediawiki, Confluence
- DVCS/SCM admin experience with any of GIT, SVN. SVN, mercurial, Bitbucket, stash, work and branching strategies
- Technology leadership experience in an out-sourced environment
- Ability to diagram workflows and implement them in Jenkins.
- Comfortable talking to Developers and Operations personnel