Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
The primary function of this senior level Data Architect position is to provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of data lake and analytical reporting initiatives while also providing hands-on consultation and modeling experience to other large initiatives. Focus is on the development of an end to end information architecture and strategy, playing a lead role on projects by providing the appropriate data architecture solutions and ensuring alignment with the overall data management strategies. This includes developing complex queries, data models and custom reports for data sharing, operational & analytical reporting solutions.
- Craft data models to showcase your strategy and adapt this with input from a range of different business partners
- Work with development teams to develop and implement Data Lake and end to end Analytics solution for external clients.
- Create data architectures spanning Data Warehouse, Big Data, Master Data Management (MDM), and Advanced Analytics (i.e. ML, Cognitive) technologies working with solution architects and application teams.
- Guide in data profiling, metadata governance, data specification, data flow mappings, and enterprise data models.
- Research, understand and stay ahead of technology trends as it relates to data architecture and analytics, including ML, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other analytics trends, and share that research within architecture
- Provide technical consulting for application teams for data naming, classification, design and handling as a part of the first line of defense for data controls in designing systems ensuring data base standards are followed
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, solving and integrating new features.
- Design, develop and deploy data models for application development to support various analytics applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability
- Requires in-depth knowledge of SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries, XML schema), Python, R, Spark
- Analyze, Develop and Enhance Data systems / ETL Jobs which include Data cleansing, Migration and Transformation (SSIS/Informatica/Alteryx) and Experience with reporting tools like SSRS, Tableau, IBM Cognos is desired
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where task switching is critical.
- Need to be self-motivated and does not require a lot of supervision.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM technologies /Unix/Linux is a plus
- Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned):
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- You will be able to work independently as well as in a team
Education: Bachelorâ??s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in IT data architecture and/or solution delivery
- 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing Data Lake Architecture and data modeling
- 2+ years of experience working in a data warehousing & BI dashboard/reports design and deployment using the SSIS/Informatica/SSRS/Tableau/IBM Product Suite
- Experience with or in depth knowledge of database and big data platforms (RDMBS, MPP, Hadoop, No SQL)
- Agile and waterfall project experience designing implementing analytics solutions
- Experience working with Cross functional teams like solutions architects, technical leads, business analyst, software developers, DBAs to achieve project objectives - delivery dates, cost objectives, quality objectives, etc.
- Healthcare domain knowledge in a plus
- Clear and effective written and verbal English communication skills.
- Flexibility in working hours in line with project deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple and concurrent tasks.