IT Enterprise Data Architect
Location: Syracuse, NY
- Bachelor??s degree or higher in computer science, information science, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in BI data warehousing or related field with work focused on data modeling.
- Job Specific Qualifications
- Significant training and experience in dimensional data modeling, data architecture, cube building, and ETL tools are required. Includes experience designing and building type 1 and type 2 dimensions, aggregate tables, and materialized views.
- Proven ability to work in distributed systems.
- Substantive experience with Oracle and SQL databases.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with other technical staff.
- Experience with OBIEE , IBM DataStage and PeopleSoft Higher Education ERP systems preferred.
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Expands existing dimensional data model infrastructure using type 1 and type 2 dimensions, aggregate tables, and materialized views.
- Provides data mapping.
- Work closely with our software, application development, and functional teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each department.
- Defines and distributes requirements for developers executing ETL identifying and ensuring use of best practices.
- Designs and leads development of ROLAP and MOLAP data structures.
- Provide maintenance and support for current data architecture.