Role: Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration :6 Months
Job Description :
- Under limited direction, this position is responsible for the management, technical administration, services, and support of assigned area, including data protection/data security functions.
- Provide database project management skills.
- Coordinate and manage the installation and maintenance of information technology solutions within budgetary constraints.
- Manage the design and implementation of information technology solutions to coincide with designs and procedures set forth by the IT department and business areas.
- Provide support for the infrastructure, which consists of data protection, data connectivity, and interoperability among the IT systems.
- Provide expedient problem resolution and application use guidance for internal and external customers.
- Ensure that problem resolution meets service level agreement guidelines.
- Manage application development and technical support by consulting with clients, vendors, government agencies, business community associates, and management to deliver systems and services that meet company needs.
- Manage effective processes to protect against undesirable access to systems and at the same time to ensure the integrity of the company\'s information, products, and services by enforcing policies and standards. Adhere to SOX regulations.
- Proactively interact with I/S department to have an awareness of system and application changes and to be prepared for calls as a result of these changes.
- Prepare supporting schedules and tactical action plans for senior management by researching, evaluating, and developing solutions to meet the goals of the company.
- Bachelor\'s degree/equivalent in computer science, mis data processing or related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge and skill with database products, technologies, relational design, modeling, capacity planning and functionality.
- (See special notes for requirements on individual platforms). Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong written/oral communications and professional presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex technical ideas.
- Ability to effectively problem solve with significant interaction from other groups.
Not all below is required, just preferred:
Oracle 12c, Exadata, Dataguard/RMAN, Golden Gate, Oracle DB Migration, Windows, Citrix, Linux, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, VMware, JMS, PAM, McAfee, Solid Core, isilon, Nagios, WhatsUp,App Dynamics, Regens, IBM B2Bi, CODA Network:
LAN, WAN, WLAN, VOIP, QOS, DSL, Load Balancers, DMZ, Checkpoint FW, NetCure, Nagios, WhatsUp