- This position provides leadership in the development and communication of the volume forecasts and associated on-going improvements within demand planning.
- Using SAP/APO the planner will assess, deploy, and make on-going enhancements to support accurate volume forecasting through statistical modeling and facilitation of the S&OP consensus process.
- Works with other leaders in the Demand Planning, Insights & Analytics, Sales, and General Managers, to continuously improve demand accuracy and associated analytics to explain changes in demand.
- Directs the work efforts through on-going reviews of available inputs, understanding business drivers and supporting scenario development.
- Influences and mentors forecast analysts and other cross-functional partners to improve overall analytical capability.
- Responsible for the Consensus Forecast. Aligned with assigned categories.
- Drives/facilitates Volume Consensus process across Vice President/General Manager portfolio.
- Layers in outside information on top of statistical forecast to determine consensus forecast adjustments to statistical forecast.
- Focuses on understanding business and living w/brand managers to understand business drivers, inputs and initiatives.
- Works with the General Managers and Sales counterparts to develop forecast inputs.
- Ensures reasonableness of inputs.
- Translates GM and Sales inputs for input into Volume forecast.
- Provides inputs at both consensus and lower levels, as necessary, to ensure accuracy at all levels down to SKU/Month.
- Conducts root causal analysis of business performance against forecast and pacing gaps.
- Communicates key assumptions (i.e. merch calendar, distribution changes, pricing, etc).
- Develops executive volume forecast summary including drivers.
- Monitors Business Development/Sales monthly change review to identify new/changing sales inputs to forecast.
- Facilitates the volume Q&A.
Qualifications And Requirements
- B.S degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or related field 2 to 4 years of previous experience in forecasting, preferably within food industry or other CPG-related companies
- Experience in and/or exposure to S&OP processes and procedures, customer planning and/or supply planning Practical and demonstrated use of productivity/continuous improvement methodology in previous positions
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Thorough understanding of P&L including general management and supply chain cost structure
- Excellent communication skills - both formal and informal
- Methodology aptitudes & leadership in areas such as forecasting, team facilitation, problem solving, and overall solution optimization
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional project team and appropriately manage multiple demands on time Experience training and mentoring others