- Work within quality assurance frameworks to ensure stability, efficiency and scalability Work with engineers to identify key areas for quality improvement.
- Work on services and tools to proactively improve the quality and reliability of our system.
- Design, implement and execute test procedures. Investigate production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Develop automation test scripts to automate manual test cases.
- Utilize test case management and issue tracking systems.
- Have prior experience testing the reliability of an API-based product.
- Understand user requirements and how to convert them into proper test cases
- Can think intuitively about systems and services.
- Can Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems Has the ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Experience with test management tools (JIRA, Testrail, etc.) and source code management (SCM) tools (Subversion, Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Prior experience in SQA or Software Engineering Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills Comfort with code-level debugging is an added bonus