As a critical part of the DevOps team, you must have the ability to bridge the gap when working with the Development, QA, Operations and Project Management teams.
The core responsibilities of Senior DevOps Engineers include:
- Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Maintain Cloud services and infrastructure - IaaS (AWS preferred) and PaaS.
- Build deployment solutions for Java, .NET and Apache/PHP applications.
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to Java (JBoss), .NET and Apache applications.
- Install and configure tools and applications in a repeatable, consistent manner on both Linux and Windows servers.
- Create repeatable configurations using tools such as Salt, Ansible.
- Ensure applications and infrastructure are implemented in a sustainable, secure manner.
- Support code versioning tools both on-premises and in the cloud (Git).
- Participate in on-call rotation and work closely with Development teams on identifying, problem solving and resolving issues that impact software releases and service delivery.
- Design documents, and implementation plans while leading teammates to develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Identify potential security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment for applications.
- Guide engineers to establish and monitor key performance benchmarks for applications.
- Proactively initiate feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices.
- Develop Proof of Concepts for new application and automation initiatives.
- Primarily focused on business outcomes and business ROI for solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field required, or, equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux (CentOS preferred, Ubuntu a plus) and Windows servers.
- 5+ years of experience with web server administration Apache, Jboss, Weblogic.
- 5+ years of code deployment experience (Java, .NET/PHP a plus).
- Strong understanding of application and server architecture, including networking, software deployment and OS configuration.
- Proficient with configuration management with tools such as Salt or Ansible.