- Design systems and data structures that solve business problems and adhere to best practices and standards.
- Plan, test, and implement modifications to development and production database environments.
- Design, test, and maintain systems for rapid disaster recovery.
- Learn current SQL Server best practices.
- Perform SQL code reviews, communicate SQL coding standards, and educate developers.
- Maintain multiple database development and testing environments across multiple locations.
- Monitor the performance, scalability, health, and security of all SQL Server instances.
- Install, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot SQL Server errors.
- Be available for on-call production support as needed.
- Learn about the private jet and fractional jet industry.
- 5+ years of database administration, database design, and database development experience with SQL Server in an on-line service environment.
- Self-motivated, independent, and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that are conducive to a team culture.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server security, performance monitoring, AlwaysOn, optimization techniques, indexes, constraints, transactions, file groups, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, locking, queue tuning, and log-shipping.•Knowledge of PowerShell techniques for managing and interacting with SQL Server.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in travel or aviation business
- Experience with geolocation based services
- Experience with other Database Platforms (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)•Experience with 3rd Party Database Tools like SentryOne or Redgate
- Experience with 3rd Party Applications Like DBAmp, Salesforce, Oracle Financials, or Great Plains
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Cloud Databasess