Senior IT Director of AI and Innovation
Location: Either Syracuse, NY or Chicago, IL
Reporting to the Vice President of IT, AI/ BI/Data & Innovation
- The Artificial Intelligence leader will:
- Lead/manage the Artificial Intelligence & innovation portfolio strategy and pipeline. Understand the customer and business needs in order to recommend solutions where a data/machine learning approach may be optimal
- Create a collaborative and effective working relationship with business functional leaders to understand business challenges and prioritize AI/RPA solutions that will enable the success of these functions
- Consistently scan the market/competitors, Engage and meet with external vendor partners to bring new ideas and AI & RPA technologies. Establish an AI governance process and execution.
- Partner with vendors, customize and integrate vendor AI/RPA solutions. Design and build machine learning systems that solve difficult problems involving right data/information retrieval/recommendation systems
- Partner to develop process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis, Identify and recommend required data sets
- Represent the company as a technical expert on artificial intelligence and Demonstrate thought leadership as it relates to data science • Provide exceptional leadership skills to thrive, lead and influence in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Frame choices in a way that is forward looking to integrate and assimilate complex information and situations and drive decision making
- Demonstrate ability to track multiple programs concurrently and to report progress in an executive level dashboard to senior management
- Collaborate and partner with VP’s, Senior Directors, Directors and Mangers of the companies IT team along with Project Management Office and use appropriate methodologies, tools and best practices
- Minimum Qualifications
- • Master's degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Business Intelligence or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- • Minimum 10 years' experience in technology such as Software technical architecture, application development, information analysis, data analysis, business analysis within a multi-tier organization.
- • Deep working experience applying statistics and machine learning techniques to real-world healthcare data
- • High-level understanding of
- Modelling language such as MATLAB, R, Stata, etc.
- Natural language processing and experience with data curatation platforms o Software programming language such as C#, .Net, Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Map/Reduce tools (e. g. Hadoop, Pig, Hive) o TensorFlow or other Deep Learning frameworks
- Data visualization tools
- Successful track record of leading 3rd party vendors partners.
- Excellent financial planning and budgeting experience.
- Engage and develop relationship with leaders, cross-functional leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to build and lead cross-functional teams. Experience interacting with IT to successfully launch initiatives preferred.
- Experience leading during organizational change management preferred. • Excellent people skills, “can-do” attitude, ability to work with many different types of people with different communication styles. Director must assume responsibility for achieving positive outcomes on projects.
- Experience and/or knowledge in the Healthcare industry Desired Characteristics • Previous experience with IT executive management is a great plus.
- Comfortable operating in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to think creatively to come up with new solutions.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaborating with other functional areas at all levels of the organization
- Must be results-oriented and have a proven ability to get things done through people, including those not under direct management.