General Statement of Duties :
The Dialysis Technician (DT) provides care for kidney dialysis patients, following specific
protocols, under the supervision of a Puget Sound Kidney Centers (PSKC) nurse.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure & Certification:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Medical Assistant (MA) licensure is preferred.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) & Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Current certification of CardioPulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with a Basic Life Support (BLS)
for Healthcare Providers card. Must maintain an active BLS-CPR certification.
- Must apply to Washington (WA) State for Medical Assistant-Hemodialysis Technician
Certificate (MA-HTC) within 40 days from date of hire into the position. Must maintain an
- Must obtain the National Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) or Certified Clinical
Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) by the 18th month in the position. Must maintain an active
CHT or CCHT
Medical or technical background relating to patient care or medical environment is desired.
- Near visual acuity to assess quality control.
- Lift, Carry, Push, and Pull 20 – 50 lbs.
- Stand for several hours.
- Manual dexterity and motor coordination to operate equipment and process dialyzers.
- Listening and orally communicating with staff and patients.
- Assist in patient transfers.
- Standing, stooping, or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Work effectively and safely during occasional periods of fatigue.
- Bending and stretching for supplies and solutions.
- Listening for dialysis machine alarms and call lights.
- Occasional stress from dealing with ill people.
- Determining and communicating departmental needs.
- Occasional stress due to work demands.
- Analyzing data for accuracy.
- Evaluating appropriateness of documentation.
- Computing numerical data.
- Work shifts of varying lengths (examples: 8, 10, and 13 hours).
- Work early in the morning and late into the night (examples: morning shift starts as early as
3:00 am and evening shift ends as late as 12:00 am/mid-night).
- Work at any PSKC facility: Smokey Point, Everett, Monroe, and Mountlake Terrace, with
possible occasional short assignments to Whidbey Island or Anacortes.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Successfully complete mandatory in-service trainings.
- Able to maintain professional relationships and boundaries with patients.
- Dedication to professionalism, maturity, caring, and diplomacy.
NOTICE REQUIREMENTS :
To resign this position in good standing, the employee must give at least a 14-day notice, in
writing, to their supervisor and Human Resources.
Employees who have successfully completed
their orientation period and provided this advance notice of resignation will receive the value of
any accrued Paid Vacation Leave (PVL).