General Statement of Duties:
The Staff Registered Nurse (RN) will oversee the delivery of dialysis and the care of patients at
Puget Sound Kidney Centers (PSKC). The RN will be responsible for providing education to
patients, supervising Dialysis Technicians, adjusting treatment plans per standing orders,
monitoring the patient’s outcomes, administer medications, participating in quality
improvement projects, and collaborating with other members of the patient’s care team (social
worker, dietitians, and nephrologist).
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
Licensure & Certification:
- Must have a current Registered Nurse (RN) license from the WA State Board of Nursing.
- Current certification of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with a Basic Life Support (BLS)
for Healthcare Providers card.
- Dialysis experience preferred but not required; comprehensive dialysis-training provided.
- Prior experience in Acute or Ambulatory Nursing preferred.
Physical Demands :
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lifting, positioning, or physically moving patients.
- Pushing patient beds and other medical equipment.
- Hearing acuity, within correctable to normal range, to communicate effectively with others,
to discern changes in patient conditions and to hear equipment alarms.
- Frequently reaching, bending, kneeling, or stooping, and other range of motion activities.
- Lifting 30-50 lb. containers or boxes.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate medical records, equipment, and perform other
essential job functions.
- Identify colors of medication and/or solutions, interpret typed or handwritten
documentation, and identify labels appropriately.
- Required to work up to 13 continuous hours.
- Near visual acuity is needed to perform various clinical tasks.
- Talking and hearing are necessary for communication with patients, staff, and others.
Mental Demands :
- Occasional stress from dealing with ill people.
- Determining and communicating departmental needs.
- Occasional stress due to work demands.
Page 4 of 5
- Evaluating appropriateness of documentation.
- Interpret laboratory reports of test results.
- Work at any PSKC facility.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Successfully complete mandatory in-service trainings.
- Successfully complete the PSKC Patient Care Training and Orientation course.
- Able to maintain professional relationships and boundaries with patients.
- Dedication to professionalism, maturity, caring, and diplomacy.
NOTICE REQUIREMENTS :
To resign this position in good standing, the employee must give 30 days’ notice, in writing, to
their supervisor and Human Resources. Employees who have successfully completed their
orientation period and provided this advance notice of resignation will receive the value of any
accrued Paid Vacation Leave (PVL).