- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in condition.
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and procedures.
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians orders.
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.