|Registered Nurse - ICU - 13 Week Contract Stuart, FL, US|
As a member of the Nursing Department Team, the Staff Nurse collaborates with other Nursing Team members to execute the corporate goals and objectives of Client. Ensures ongoing professional growth and development.II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Uses diagnostic reasoning and decision making skills in the provision of nursing care.
4. Uses interdisciplinary identification, collection and analysis of data to identify desired patient care outcomes; and standards of care. 5. Manages and delivers nursing care to patients, families and SO's.
6. Delegates patient care activities and supervises the delegated activities accordingly.
7. Assures that the Florida Nurse Practice Act is the basis of professional nursing practice, and that nursing practice is within legal parameters.
8. Protects the rights of patients and their families.
9. Assures that nursing practice is consistent with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
10. Supports Client's Nursing Governance activities.
11. Assures that nursing practice is research, theory and evidence-based.
12. Recognizes the need for participation in professional nursing organizations.
13. Recognizes the need for participation in community service activities.
14. Maintains professional and clinical competencies through participation in continuous learning activities; develops a mechanism for ongoing self-assessment for career path development.
15. Assumes shift and department accountability and responsibility for budget as it relates to patient care requirements by effective use of resources.
16. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of goals and objectives for department which provide for optimal patient care through systems which continually monitor and improve the quality of services.
17. Serves on internal departmental, interdepartmental, quality, medical staff, etc committees as required.
18. Implements a patient-focused nursing care model that is collaborative, interdisciplinary, clinically effective and efficient; ensures that this care model is based on approved structure, process, and outcome standards.
19. Maintains competency and safe practice patterns as measured by quality, education, performance improvement, risk management and other trend analysis.
20. Maintains effective working relationships with physicians, employees, auxilians, and members of the community.
21. Coordinates to the development, planning, and executing of the capital and operational budgets of the department. Resources are allocated (both in personnel and supplies) according to established goals, standards and patient care needs.
22. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Client.
23. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements: