- Assesses senior residents to establish a care plan according to
- Lead workshops for residents on issues related to elder care,
senior referrals and rights, end-of-life planning.
- Encourage residents to participate in on-going wellness and social
- Provide advocacy and education to seniors
- Facilitate coordinated care for targeted critical/high need tenant
- Works with resident and their families to discuss options to help residents
age in place.
- Completes documentation, both paper and electronic in a timely
- Provide counseling and therapy.
- Provide in-service training and be available to consult with
- Conduct and prepare assessments, case logs, documents case notes,
care plans for tenants.
- Refer and link tenants to service providers in the local
- Establish and maintain contacts with families and health
facilities when resident’s s are in hospitals and rehab facilities, and
helps formulate aftercare plans.
- Responds to emergency situations and provide crisis intervention.
- Contact and follow-up with service providers put in place for
tenants such as Adult Protective Services, outpatient behavioral health, substance
use treatment and healthcare providers.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all the Agency policies regarding
Confidentiality and Corporate Compliance regulations and maintains
compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Offer time-limited groups as appropriate on such issues as loss
and depression, living with illness, substance use issues and
- Participation as needed to Agency’s response to serious incidents
and critical debriefing.
- Participate in the development and facilitation of staff training
and in-services for social service, property management staff on relevant
social service topics.
- Participating on Agency committees as needed.
- Participate in in-service trainings related to management and/or
related behavioral health.
- Partner with building property management and maintenance staff to
identify and respond to targeted tenants in need.
- Collaborate with Agency and program staff to develop and adhere to
on-site emergency response preparedness and readiness protocols.
- Identifying and reporting issues that may reflect negatively on
the reputation of the agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate
- Liaise with CCNS departments, including Integrated Health and
Wellness, Family and Community Services, Community Programming, Office of
Mission, as appropriate.
- Incorporate Agency determined Best Practices, Integrated Delivery
and/or Evidence Based Practices models as needed.
- Attend staff meetings, workshops, classes, & in-service
trainings on a regular basis to maintain current information on
eligibility requirements for all basic entitlements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
Registered Nurse (RN)
FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Must have certification in gerontology or 3 years
of experience working with the geriatric population.
- Excellent time management, organizational and
- Demonstrated experience working with
family/communities developing social, educational, and health related
- The position requires a combination of skills in
the areas of crisis intervention, time management, psychosocial
- Must be well organized & computer literate.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate
- Ability in linking clients to a broad range of
services essential to successfully living in a community setting (e.g.,
medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial
- Must have excellent communication skills, oral
- Cross-cultural competency, outreach,
interviewing, listening, advocating, linking, negotiating, engagement,
monitoring and clinical assessment skills are essential.
- Bilingual preferred (Chinese, Korean, Russian,
FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand,
- Able to climb stairs.
- Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse &
- Ability to read printed materials and computer
- Ability to work
flexible hours (evenings/weekends) as assigned.
- Able to travel throughout the five boroughs as
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
- May be required to meet with tenants and / or
staff throughout facilities.
- Frequently sitting to write reports and when
meeting with tenants.