Under the general direction of the Chief Nurse Executive and direct supervision of the director and in accordance with the nursing practice standards of care and practice established by the Nursing Organization and by the specific unit/department in accordance with the rules, and regulations and/or standards established by the State Board of Nursing, the Joint Commission, and appropriate specialty organizations relevant to the patient population under care, the Clinical Nurse Manager performs the follows:
- Responsible for the clinical operations of the unit/department.
- Provides direct supervision of nursing, and other patient care providers and support staff.
- Evaluates staffing patterns and adjusts to meet patient care needs.
- Provides direction and coordination during emergency situations.
- Collaborates with the director, physicians and interdisciplinary team to address patient related issues as needed.
- Displays an ability to act as a resource for patient care areas when acuity and census outweigh resource availability.
- Supports staff during times of difficult transitions and change.
- Serves as a change agent assisting others in understanding the importance, necessity, impact and process of change.
- Ability to identify risk management issues and consults with appropriate resources when necessary.
- Has a working knowledge of the chain of command policy.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing required.
- Minimum BSN strongly preferred.
- Previous OR management experience in an Assistant Nurse Manager or Permanent Charge Nurse capacity.
- Minimum three to five years of relevant direct nursing care experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Must maintain Unit Specific Certifications throughout employment.
- Current registration in the State of NH as a Registered Nurse.
- Certified in specialty area strongly preferred.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required. Must maintain BLS throughout employment.
- Unit Specific Certifications for Critical Care Areas:
These areas include:
- EP Lab, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, General Operating Room and CVOR, Cardiac Medical Unit, Cardiovascular Surgical Unit and Cardiology Interventional Unit.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support)
- CNOR (Credited Nurse Operating Room) General Operating Room and CVOR requirement only.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- PALS (Pediatric Advance Life Support) Emergency Department requirement only.
- TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) Emergency Department requirement only.