Will serve as the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education’s (ACGME) “Designated Institutional Official (DIO)”, and in collaboration with the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC), will be equipped with the authority and responsibility for maintaining proper administration and oversight of all GME programs sponsored at Lexington Medical Center.
- Minimum Education: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 Years of experience directly related to strategic development and administration of Medical Education Programs
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None
- Required Certifications/Licensure: None
- Required Training: Knowledge related accreditation and certification requirements; Strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively (Verbal and Written). Has the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; Able to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports. Strong ability to problem solve; Knowledge of medical staff affairs principles and applicable policies.
- Essential Functions
- Directly involved with the regulatory, accreditation, and operational components of Graduate Medical Education, specifically ensuring compliance with ACGME requirements and overseeing the ACGME Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER).
- Ensures that the annual review and approval of a statement of institutional commitment to GME specifies, at a minimum, a commitment to providing necessary educational, financial, and human resources.
- Serves as a liaison with medical school affiliates.
- Contributes, as requested, to the corporate strategic plan development for medical education.
- Leads recruitment of departmental leadership, educational coordinators, and core faculty.
- Oversees the management and evaluation of job performance for all personnel in the Department of Graduate Medical Education’s table of organization.
- Provides guidance and support to residency and fellowship programs, as well as their directors, to ensure substantial compliance with ACGME Program Requirements – thereby maintaining program accreditation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison for the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- Reviews all New Program Applications (NPA) prepared for Residency Review Committee (RRC) site visits.
- Able to foster a cooperative work environment that promotes the program's benefits and strengths.
- Works effectively with involved, inter-departmental leadership to facilitate mutual growth and provide any necessary information or resources. Responds to all requests and communications by involved parties to ensure transparency.
- Has direct involvement with Lexington Medical Center programs, to include:
- Supplying Lexington Medical Center's ACGME Annual Program Update.
- Working closely with the GME Office on program and resident matters.
- Participates in funding and position negotiations with affiliated hospitals.
- Conducts educational workshops for programs.
- Conducts mock site visits for programs.
- Establishes GME institutional policies.
- Meets as needed with Program Directors.
- Meets with Residents/Fellows regarding GME concerns.
- Attends Resident Council, House staff, and Senate meetings).
- Accountable for the following Committees:
- Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) – Committee chair that sets the monthly meeting schedule, develops the meeting agenda, and writes meeting minutes. Is responsible for all post-meeting follow through of action items, as well as communicating committee actions and GME issues to corporate, hospital, medical, department and program administrators.
- Medical Executive Committee – Participating member that represents the interests of the Department of Graduate Medical Education.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness