- The Cyber Security Data Governance Specialist is responsible for managing, supporting and implementing the Data Governance program across Operations.
- The Data Governance Specialist enforces the proper governance of data, sensitive data discovery, data access controls, and compliance practices to minimize the risk.
- The Data Governance Specialist works with Vendors and collaborates across departments ensuring best practices are followed and risk is minimized.
- The Cyber Security reporting directly to the Director of Cyber Security Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- The Specialist provides subject matter expertise in the areas of cyber security, data governance, sensitive data discovery, risk and control, compliance, and attestation.
- The Specialist is able to understand, translate, and convey complex concepts and maintains current professional knowledge of developments in Information Technology and healthcare.
- The Cyber Security Data Governance Specialist is a key contributor to building and maintaining a strong foundation of data governance.
- Three to five (3-5) years as a data analyst, IAM engineer, or cyber security engineer required Three (3+) or more years working with regulatory compliance frameworks such as PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, and HITRUST
- Three (3+) or more years data governance experience with both structured and unstructured data Three (3+) or more years leading multiple data governance projects and programs
- Experience implementing and operating data governance and data classification tooling required Knowledge of IT governance frameworks (ITIL, NIST)
- Experience in a hospital or health care related organization of similar size and complexity preferred
- Experience writing standard operating procedures, systems requirements, and general documentation
- Perform sensitive data discovery including who has access to what, how did they get the access, what are they doing with the access, and should they still have the access
- Three to five (3-5) years experience with agile development, waterfall, and cyber security program management
- Experience with data governance programs, data classification initiatives, and sensitive data discovery
- Experience with Just In Time Access Controls (JITA) and Data Classification
- Experience with Data Governance Frameworks (Policies, Processes, Security, Data Quality, Technology, Organizational, and Mobile Device Management)
- Three (3+) or more years working with teams who have implemented data governance platforms like IBM, Varonis, SailPoint, or NetWrix (Bolden James and Titus for data classification)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to gauge the audience and speak at appropriate levels.
- The ability to put complex concepts in a clear and concise form required Excellent time management skills required, ability to set priorities and meet obligations in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership abilities, conflict resolution skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Certifications Required (one or more):
- Current CA driver's license required for local travel
- License Preferred N/A
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) Security+ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related technical field; Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement