Summary of Position
Client has animmediate opening for a Business Analyst to support its JD Edwards ERP system,with an emphasis on sales and distribution. This enterprise-wide rolewill support system implementations, configurations and process Improvements aswell as troubleshoot daily system and business process issues. The workcan be performed at any one of our Illinois-based manufacturing locations.
Essential Job Dutiesand Responsibilities
• Responsible for sales order entry, marketing, advanced pricing, distribution,shipping and customer interface functionality in JD Edwards, including portalorder entry, EDI set up, testing, report definition and generation.
• Participate in pre-project analysis work to enable informeddecision-making about technology investments.
• Facilitate business process reviews when technologyrequirements arise to ensure implementation goals are appropriately defined andscoped.
• Design high level process flows (using Visio).
• Develop test scenarios and test scripts.
• Triage reported defects and document findings.
• Create, coordinate and deliver training to ensure end-userreadiness (e.g., documentation, demos, videos, etc.).
• Review legacy ERP and customer data for migration purposes.
• Sort through user/contractor profiles to prepare forinitial set-up and system implementations.
• Serve as a member of the user support team at go-live andthrough stabilization.
• Identify business requirements for the sales order lifecycle and develop recommendations for process improvements and automation.
• Through collaboration with users, define businessrequirements and determine the proper application for reports that either willbe written via a reporting tool or as a custom report in JD Edwards.
• Utilize or develop processes to ensure the timely deliveryof required information to internal and external customers.
• Travel, as necessary, to support existing or newly acquiredClientBusinesses. Candidate’s Availability needs to be hybrid where in at least50% presence on-site is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study
• Minimum of five years’ experience in one or multiple numberof the Oracle - JD Edwards modules: Distribution, Advanced Pricing,Warehousing, Transportation (versions 8.9 to 8.11 or above)
• Successfully completed at least one full implementationinvolving multiple site configuration set up, with proven incorporation ofstructured planning and testing processes
• Capable of understanding customer requirements in order todevelop, present and deploy solutions based on those requirements
• Ability to prepare SQL statements using Oracle SQL or TOAD
• Good grasp of JD Edwards integration methodology
• Full understanding of order management/ customerfulfillment in an e-commerce context with familiarity with e-commerce platformmaintenance & development
• Clear understanding of emerging technologies andenhancements that will allow processes improvements and enhanced businessfunctionality
• Able to develop new or modify existing software solutionsto satisfy business needs
• Good understanding of business processes to developreporting based on requirements, metrics and KPI’s
• Effective team skills and the agility to work on multipleteams and projects