The Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Lead represents a source of accountability for the continual improvement program. The CSI Lead will be the champion for all CSI initiatives. They are responsible for the creation and maintenance of a continual service improvement program and for maintaining and improving ongoing quality of IS&T services. The candidate will be held accountable for the outcome of ongoing improvement activities.
The CSI Lead will work with process analysts to identify, develop and execute improvement initiatives and provide regular status briefings to the stakeholders and Service Operations management. This role is critical for developing a sustainable culture of continuous process improvement that will drive operational excellence and ITSM best practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
List essential job functions; describe in terms of actions (verbs) and desired outcomes in order of most important first.
- Responsible for identifying and championing continual service improvement across the IS&T organization
- Develops, implements and maintains the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) program based on best practices; includes documented processes and procedures
- Facilitates implementation of continuous improvement best practices across IS&T
- Provides regular status briefings to Service Operations management and stakeholders, including trend analyses, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the Continual Improvement Register (CIR)
- Applies Lean Process methodologies and principles to achieve desired results
- Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement based workshops to drive ideas and solutions
- Provide analytical insight into return on investment, cost optimization, cost reduction or other value creation initiatives to enable prioritization of effort
- Performs analysis, evaluation and assessment leading to development of recommendations for process improvements, optimization and/or development efforts for IS&T processes
- Works with service owners to define the KPIs used to measure their performance and drive consensus so KPIs follow a standard used throughout IS&T
- Capture feedback from stakeholders on effectiveness of KPIs and develop roadmap for improvements
- Work with ServiceNow Administrator and Service Transition Manager to implement data elements to support the KPI objectives
- Facilitate group meetings to brainstorm, gather information and requirements, or solidify action plans which support ongoing continuous improvement activities
- Executes improvement projects identified by leadership
- Establish standardized work and audit schedule for sustainability
- Provide leadership for the team by actively coaching and mentoring to help develop their staff achieve career goals
- Awareness of and compliance with our safety practices